11/07/2012

artist Nikita Nomerz




 






Russian street artist Nikita Nomerz travels around different cities to find abandoned structures and bring them back to life. By adding eyes and facial features he makes old buildings laugh, smile or scream. He started working in graffiti during school but later became more interested in street art.

"Now basically I like to play with space and objects. I am inspired by the place itself. I love watching the city and finding an interesting point. Usually I do not spend so much time to create one work, sometimes less than an hour. But it all depends on the size of the object and my ideas. I have been called an underground artist, but if you're doing street art you've not underground. It is public art. It would be nice if people started paying more attention to what is around us. These walls are alive. I love them all!"

website: http://www.nomerz.com